Wednesday, February 2, 2005

The Prodigal Son

To The Precious Saints !!!!!

This past Saturday morning a few of us had an awesome time of prayer, praise & worship bible reading, holy communion and wonderful fellowship with His Holy Spirit. It was supposed to be a breakfast but we arrived at 7.30am and then had "breakfast" at 11.45am almost incidentally. We were more hungry for God then anything else and we wept together and prayed for each other and spouses, family and friends.
I kinda totally lost track of time (all right so why isn't anybody surprised!) so at about 11.30am I phoned home (yea, yea ET) to tell Allie that I'm still alive and living somewhere in Africa and will see her shortly. My step-son Adam answered on the other side. Wow talk about popping my spiritual bubble. I immediately sank into my sinful fleshly self. Allie came on the line and said that he (Adam) wanted to move back. Everything in me screamed a big NO WAYS!!! I just mumbled something to Allie I can't remember what I said.
To give you some background but not to labour the point Adam had moved out on the 1st of Jan this year. Over the years our house had become a battlefield of wills and personalities. Things just came to a head in December and Allie and myself said so far and no further. He has to go.
He came to see his mom that Saturday morning and he was really a broken young man, he has so much anger within himself and he just does not understand why he is like he is. At the moment most of this anger and frustration is mainly focused on me.
So it was a short drive home and Clint Gibson gave me a lift back. Inside me a huge battle was on the go. Have you ever felt that way when your emotions change from second to second. I was praying within for God to help me do the right thing and leaning on Him to control my emotions. Clint asked me how I'm doing and then the robot was red and he just put his hand on my shoulder and prayed for me and Adam (Oh thank you God for Clint, thank you for that prayer). Clint dropped me off and I walked inside. Adam and Allie were sitting in the lounge, I could not bring myself to look into Adam's face. I kinda said hello and went to the toilet, were I prayed, phew I felt so weak. Eventually I walked through to the lounge and sat down. Allie said that Adam wants to move back. Adam said," So how about it can we call a truce?" It must have been so difficult for him to say that. I asked him if that is what he really wants to do? He answered yes. He held out his hand for me to shake. By this time I was looking at his face and my heart cracked. I saw the little boy who I used to play with seemingly all those years ago. I got up from where I was sitting walked the short distance to him. I knelt down in front of him put my arm around his neck and said, "Adam I love you, I wish you were my son." I had tears in my eyes, he started crying. He had to get up and go to the bathroom. Then the practical in me kicked back in and I went to have my haircut. Which was a good thing because I had to walk (well a fast hobble) there and it gave me the opportunity to meditate, reflect and recover.
I phoned Clint and Pete that afternoon to tell them what had happened and Pete told me that the they had prayed into the situation again a little while after I'd left. Clint was also praying for us. What an awesome blessing and privilege to have your brothers and sisters in Christ praying for one. Thank you God!
Later that Saturday night Adam shook my hand and thanked me. WOW!!!!
I know there is still a long road ahead with Adam and I know that it is not going to be easy. I know there is a huge spiritual battle going on within him and he has so much potential. Allie said to him on Saturday that he needs God in his life (yea don't we all) but he said he doesn't know how. He is trying to address his problems and has gone to see a doctor who has referred him to a psychologist. Lets see that as start. Allie and myself can only encourage him in love all the time.
So my friends the scripture that came out in our time of prayer this past Saturday morning was the following;
Then as I looked over the situation, I called together the leaders and the people and said to them, "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and glorious, and fight for your friends, your families and your homes!" (Nehemiah 4:14)
I've used it already in the previous message on Focus and it was no coincidence (but a Godinstance) that this scripture came up then and that I just happened to be away from home where God was preparing my heart and which gave Adam a chance to speak to his mom, without interference from me.
How do we fight? We fight back with the love of God, we pray and we praise and worship Him. Satan wants praise and worship for himself (y'know like the pride thing) and he hates it when we give praise to God. So give thanks praise and glory to God in everything you do and in every circumstance and may the joy of the Lord be your crowning glory.
Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again - REJOICE ! Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon. Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all that he has done (Philippians 4: 4-6)
So you might be saying to yourself that's easy to say/write but the doing is another thing altogether. Do you have any idea what I'm going through? Just consider this. Paul wrote these words almost two thousand years ago while in chains and under an armed Roman guard while awaiting trail which if he was found guilty carried the death penalty. Apparently he often had scribes who came to visit him to help write his letters. Can you imagine the scribe looking up from the letter and asking as he looked around at Paul's circumstances "Huh !, rejoice, don't worry, are you sure about this?"
So today I pray that God by the power of His Holy Spirit and the love of Jesus Christ puts a song in your heart that you sing praises to Him each and every day.

Blessed be Your name in the land that is plentiful
Where your streams of abundance flow blessed be your name
Blessed be Your name when I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in still I will say
Blessed be the name of the Lord Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord Blessed be your glorious name

Blessed be Your name when the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be Your name on the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering Blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in still I will say
Blessed be the name of the Lord Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord Blessed be your glorious name
You give and take away You give and take away
My heart will choose to say Lord Blessed be Your name
Blessed be Your name.........Jesus
(Blessed Be Your Name by Tree 63)


LoCTY !!!!!!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online