Monday, September 13, 2004

Worthy is the Lamb

My Family in Christ !!!

When last have you really messed up big time? When last have you spat in Christ's face as he hung on the cross dying for you? When last have you been just like Judas and betrayed your Saviour? When last even though you know your weaknesses and know the Devils tactics as to how he exploits those weaknesses, have you allowed yourself to fall so fast and so hard and then tried your level best to justify your compromised position? I did this weekend and man was I so ashamed of myself. I had a terrible argument with Allie my wife on Saturday morning and of course I blamed everything on her I was just so Mr Perfecto Self-righteous. After we had stopped shouting at each other I just could not bear to be in the house so I spotted the washing grabbed it and ran. While hanging up the washing I could not believe how God could love me I felt so vile. Then I started to experience it really deep down, God's grace and His mercy breaking through my anger and self loathing.
WOW what a God we serve it is just so breath taking there are no words enough that can describe it. Allie and myself later asked each other for forgiveness, by this time His Spirit had knocked me off my selfrighteous perch, and God just started healing us.He used you guys, His Body, to reaffirm who we are in Christ. As he spoke through Hennie at Sunday school. As we stood at the door on Sunday night and we were just so grateful for every one of you coming to worship God. The service was awesome and Allie and myself ministered together last night in such a beautiful way as His Spirit worked through us to heal and bless others. During the worship I felt so humbled by the Majesty of God I just fell down on my knees and put my face to the ground and prayed for all of you who make up this little part of His Body.
God just kept on speaking to me the whole of Sunday. Through the woman who came up to be ministered to. She had asked God just to tell her that He still loves her by playing her favourite song(Power of Your Love),which He did. She has gone through a really hurting period in her life and it all culminated that day. Her life has been radically changed and the change has been and still is soooo painful. But God is keeping her firm and strong. Just pray for her today. Through ministering to Ryan during the worship, the message from God via Geoff and just ministering to others and seeing the love of God on your faces as you worshiped Him,the only one worthy of worship. And speaking to people who are busy overcoming the sin and weaknesses in their lives. Thank you all of you for being specially you.

Just imagine this.

Then I looked again, and I heard the singing of thousands and millions of angels around the throne and the living beings and the elders.
And they sang in a mighty chorus:The Lamb is worthy - the Lamb who was killed He is worthy to receive power and riches and wisdom and strength and honour and glory and blessing. And then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea. They also sang:Blessing and honour and glory and power belong to the one sitting on the throne and to the Lamb forever and ever.
Revelation 5:11-13
Paraphrased in Michael W Smiths chorus line
Worthy is the Lamb
Worthy is the Lamb
You are holy


Agnus Dei - Michael W. Smith


LoCTY!!!!!!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online