Monday, October 18, 2004

Please take from me...

To You The Precious Saints !!!!!!!

Know this day how worthy you are. You were bought with the very life blood of Jesus Christ, God came down here to earth to die for you, just so He could have a loving relationship with you.

Every morning during the week (Mon to Fri) I wake up my son Matthew (aged 7) for school. Before I get him out of bed I get his chair ready and dish up his cereal. I then go wake him up. He is just like a big floppy doll as he flops into my arms (trusting me so completely) and I can feel his warm body against mine, feel his breath in my ear, smell his unique smell and then I carry him through and place him as gently as I can on his chair. I then go and fetch his Shrek or Spiderman blankie and he wraps himself up in it from head to toe (I call him Eskimoses). Always just before I wake Mattie up I look down on this incredible miracle that God has blessed us with (sleeping so angelically) and my heart just wants to crack. I wish that I could just leave him there to sleep but I know no matter how tough his day is gonna be it is better that I wake him. Before I leave for work I always whisper in his ear that Jesus loves him and that I love him and he nods his head in agreement.
And this is how our Father and our Saviour Jesus is with us all. His heart just wants to crack when every day he sends us out into this sick and dying world full of sin and corruption, He sees the knocks and hurts we take but He wants us to shine His grace,mercy and love to this world of His which denies the Saviour and Creator. And this is eternally good for us.
So if you have ever woken up in the small hours of the morning in a complete panic (over big things or small or a combo of both) and you toss and turn and dread the approach of the time you actually have to get out of bed and you would rather just curl up in a ball and be left alone, mebbe just for today. Then you get this huge guilt trip because the question screams in your mind ' Wot kinda Kristian R U'. Who the heck am I? And you feel so ashamed and you want to hide from Jesus but you know you can't. Sometimes all we manage to do is hold on in quiet desperation to Jesus our Saviour and just pray (minute by minute) that He gets us through the day. Sometimes you get to work and some cheery Christian beams at you and proclaims 'This is the day the Lord has made be thankful, rejoice and be glad', and you feel like belting them over the head with your coffee cup (yeah the truth hurts). Never feel alone when you feel like this, don't expect major easy to see miracles but He is all around you teaching you everyday down to the smallest detail and He won't let you go.
Last night Allie and myself ministered to beautiful gifted sister who is struggling and while Allie was praying His Holy Spirit was just playing this song over and over in my head.

How many times have I turned away
The number is the same as the sand on the shore
Every time You've taken me back
And now I pray You'll do it once more

Please take from me my life
When I don't have the strength
To give it away to You
Please take from me my life
When I don't have the strength
To give it away to You, Jesus

How many times have I gone astray
The number is the same as the stars in the sky
Every time You've taken me back
And I pray You'll do it again
(Take My Life by Third Day)

Paul tells us this; And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from His love. Death can't and life can't. The angels can't, and the demons can't. Our fears for today, our worries about tomorrow, and even the powers of hell can't keep God's love away. Whether we are high above the sky or in the deepest ocean, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord ( Romans 8: 38&39)

May You All Abide With Him Today

LoCTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online