Thursday, October 28, 2004

The Curtain is Torn Forever

Hi You Precious Saints !!!!

When Christ died on the cross for you the curtain in the temple was torn in two from top to bottom(Matthew 27:51). This meant that in future whoever confessed that Jesus is their Saviour and Lord could approach God in the holy of holies by using the name of Jesus Christ. However our God loves us so much that he looks right into our hearts and sees the yearning there and He constantly reaches out to us.
Yesterday morning(Wednesday) I was walking to the bus stop, the morning had been so poignant and it was like I was seeing everything for the first time, my home, my family all gifts from God, they really all belong to Him, as I do. God's grace just washed over me and I started crying. When I got to the bus stop there was a woman standing there she looked at me but mebbe she thought the strong south-easter wind was making my eyes water.
I sat next to one of God's children on the bus and there was another one sitting across from me. We just shared what we were reading and we praised and worshipped God(no we did not sing! ). When I got to work I opened my lunch box and Matthew, my 7 year old son, had put a little note in there for me. It was a drawing of Jesus on the cross and he had written below it ' Jesus Loves Forever' ,wow gotta find somewhere to put my face.
At lunch time we had our work fellowship meeting. On my way walking there I had just spoke to God and said that I really want to worship Him today and that I hope that Craig will bring his guitar. And that's what happened. He also brought two big flags as well and gave me one. So I had a ball waving this big gold flag around as we worshipped. We also shared the way His Spirit is working in our lives. His Spirit just took over and we prayed and ministered to each other and man I just waved that flag. It felt really good.
This morning (Thursday) everything goes kinda wrong from the moment I wake up. Have you had one of those mornings, good (?!!!) , then I don't feel so bad. One of the buses on our route broke down (should change their name from Golden Arrow to Broken Arrow). So all the buses that came past were full (standing room only). I then eventually got on a bus with the worst possible driver (he has various nicknames Cowboy, Knight Rider etc you can imagine why) if you have to stand all the way to town. So it was really a 'ruk en rol' jive drive all the way to Cape Town. And just so I could savour the moment for as long as possible a truck jack knifed on the N1 causing a huge traffic snarly. Hey Pete I read your email this morning so true.
But you know what? That's life. I know there are many of you out there going through far worse things then having a bad bus day, but know this, nothing changes the truth of the matter that Christ died for you and the curtain remains torn and sometimes all we can to is hang on and trust Him and that He gives us the strength to overcome all things.

Nothing But The Blood

Your blood speaks a better word
Then all the empty claims I've heard upon this earth
Speaks righteousness for me
And stands in my defence
Jesus, It's Your blood

What can wash away our sins?
What can make us whole again?
Nothing but the blood
Nothing but the blood of Jesus
What can wash us pure as snow
Welcomed as the friends of God?
Nothing but Your blood
Nothing but Your blood Jesus, King Jesus

Your cross testifies in grace
Tells of the Father's heart to make a way for us
Now boldly we approach
Not earthly confidence
It's only by Your blood

We praise You for the blood
We are ......
Restored
Forgiven
Reconciled
Justified
Sanctified
Made Holy
All by your blood, King Jesus
(Matt Redman. Chorus inspiration: Nothing But The Blood by Robert Lowry 1876)

So if Satan the accuser is screaming lies in your face today, if your sin has made you fall, if the world's sin has smashed into your life, just remember Jesus is the way the truth and the life (John 14:6). Jesus never said that the road would be easy with no traffic snarlys and only luxury Greyhound buses.

LoCTY !!!!!!!!!

PS When we face up to the glory of God, we find ourselves face down in worship.(Matt Redman)

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online